Best part of this - four ingredients, five minutes or less. That's right, I just stuck it to two shows with one recipe!
What you'll need
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of confectioner's sugar
- 4oz Cool Whip (please do not attempt to use real whipped cream. It doesn't hold up to the weight of the cream cheese)
- Strawberries (if you want to use another type of fruit, go ahead. I just find that strawberries and cream cheese are delicious together)
- A knife
- A bowl for serving
- A bowl for mixing (If you have one with a lid, use it. Then you won't need a storage container)
- A storage container
- A sink, running water, soap, towels
- A mixer (I use a hand mixer)
- A scraping spatula
- A spoon for eating with
Okay, I'm pretty positive that you should be able to get your hands on those items.... and I think that should be all you need!
Let's do this!
- Wash your hands, use the soap on them.... while you've got the water running, rinse your fruit. Roughly chop the fruit into the serving bowl. (Please don't chop off a finger!) Wash your hands again, and dry them this time.
- Dump the cream cheese and sugar into the mixing bowl. Mix well. Use the scraping spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl down. Mix in any of the stuff that you scraped in.
- Fold in Cool Whip. (By that, I mean use the lowest setting possible - I don't expect you to put muscle into this!)
- Remove beater(s), scrape off cream cheese mixture into the bowl. Lick any remaining deliciousness off of the beater(s) before you worry about putting them in the sink.
- Slap a dollop (or in the case of the photo I provided, a huge scoop!) of this creamy concoction on top of the fruit. Grab your spoon, and ingest.
- If you didn't use a mixing bowl with a lid, be sure to move it into container and store it in the fridge. If you did.... then just pop the lid on and toss it in the fridge for breakfast in the morning!
So, if this takes you more than five minutes to make... you didn't read the whole post before you started. That isn't my fault! Read, get your stuff together, then begin. It is important that you cream cheese be softened before you start mixing.... so, when you're planning to make this... put your cheese out a few hours early. No, I don't think that counts in how long it takes to make. Opening the fridge, grabbing one item, and tossing it on the counter where it will be ignored for three hours.... nope. You're a lazy jerk off if you think that counts! Have fun with this - let me know what other kind of delicious stuff you put this on! I thought it would be tasty if you put it on some chessmen cookies or something... whatever! OH - graham crackers are healthy.. spread it on that! HAHAHAHA! You can find this one in phoodos with all of the past recipes. Look for more to come next week! (or sooner if I get wild and crazy!) Enjoy!