What you'll need
- Chili Powder
- Chicken Base (Bullion not in cubes. I can buy this at Kroger in Anna - so I'm sure most people reading this can get some of it. If not - you'll want bullion cubes or granules. You can read the back and it typically tells you a conversion for measuring.... if not, put it in a ziplock bag and beat the hell out of it with something. That's always fun - so maybe you should just do that anyway!)
- Onion Powder
- Ground Cayenne
- Ground Cumin
- Garlic Powder
- Measuring Spoons
- Whisk - appropriately sized for the bowl you use.
- Small bowl with lid (tupperware, gladware.... you get the point)
Okay, I'm positive that's all you need. Probably never going to happen again!
Let's do this!
- Gather all of your spices and hardware on the counter. If the lid is on your bowl, take it off and get it out of the way for now.
- Get your measuring spoons ready - pop the lids on all of your ingredients, and prepare yourself for measuring madness! (Since you know I don't measure - please don't think I expect you to be precise.)
- Dump the following ingredients into your bowl:
- ~ 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ~ 2 Teaspoons chili powder
- ~ 1 Teaspoon salt
- ~ 1 Teaspoon paprika
- ~ 1 Teaspoon sugar
- ~ 3/4 Teaspoon chicken base
- ~ 1/2 Teaspoon onion powder
- ~ 1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
- ~ 1/4 Teaspoon cayenne
- ~ 1/4 Teaspoon cumin
- If you are confused.... "~" is "about equal, or similar" in math. Also - please note, that will make enough for about 1 recipe of whatever you are putting it on - if you're feeding 4-6. So, if you're planning to keep it on hand for fajitas, tacos, whatever else.... double it.
- Whisk it together, make sure there aren't lumps.... pop the lid on, and DONE!
Enjoy the spice mix! This will NOT be in phoodos, I'll like back to the post from the upcoming veggie side-dish. While I don't expect you to keep us posted on people eating this straight.... (that would be hilarious, though... so maybe I do expect you to tell me that!) I hope you'll share uses you find for it!