Sunday, April 3, 2011

...fail

I told you I don't always have success when I try recipes.  I will never try oven baking my own fries or chips again!  I have attempted both several times, and this was the last attempt.   They were soggy  with crisp edges, and when I attempted to let them crisp up more, they obviously burned, stuck to the pan despite my efforts to grease the pan, and were useless as a side dish.  Luckily, I lined the baking sheet with foil so the clean-up wasn't horrible.
No matter how many times I try, oven baking chips or fries never works out.  This photo is proof of my failure - and I have absolutely given up on this!  To be honest, any recipes I try for roasted potatoes, or any of that kind of bull - never really work.  I hate potatoes!  Seriously! Sooooo here's the conclusion - buy the frozen fries if you want them baked.  And if you must do chips or fries yourself, just fry it!  Don't try to be healthy or you will be utterly disappointed.  Anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar!

No comments:

Post a Comment