What you will need
Some all-purpose flour
Strawberries (you can use fresh or frozen, frozen will give a more consistent result)
4 large eggs
Some vegetable oil
Cooking spray or butter to grease the pans
2 loaf pans or two muffin pans
A couple of measuring cups
An oven and hot pads/oven mitts
Something to smash with - like a potato masher (heavy duty one) or a mix n chop
8 ounces of cream cheese
A pound (yes, a pound) of confectioner's sugar
1/3 cup heavy cream
A couple of scraping spatulas
I think that is everything, unless you want to use a cooling rack for cooling purposes. It isn't a horrible idea. Oh, also keep your sink, soap and hand towel on standby after you deal with the raw eggs. Safety first!
Let's do this!
- Wash your skanky hands.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Use measuring cups and a measuring spoons to dump these items into a mixing bowl:
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Whip the cream cheese with the mixer until it looks light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the heavy cream, allowing it to incorporate into the cream cheese.
- Once the cream is incorporated, slowly add in the confectioner's sugar in small amounts until it has all been added and you end up with icing. (Don't dump it all in at once. Breathing in sugar particulates seems cool, but it isn't! Delicious, yes! Good for the lungs, probably not.)
I hope everyone enjoys, and hopefully there will be more recipes to come soon! As always, please share any comments, and sausage links! And you'll find this archived in the phoodos section!